Living with Pulmonary Fibrosis: Support In Indianapolis for Patients, Caregivers, Family and Friends.
Our focus will be Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF). Links to downloadable flyers are below the Facebook information.
For more information contact: Patty Arthur, RN, FCN at 317-339-6503 or e-mail [email protected]
* The phone number is for Patty Arthur at St. Joseph Catholic Church, please leave a message if no answer.
** Lunch is provided - for meal planning purposes an RSVP is appreciated when attending a meeting.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SupportinIndianapolis/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pf.support.in.indy/
Basic Informational Flyer - Download here.
Calendar "Meeting at a Glance" - Download calendar here.
Proposed Meeting Topics (subject to change): November 2019 to October 2020 - Download flyer here.
December 17, 2019 Support Group Meeting - Discussion and Q & A with Double Lung Transplant Patient: Download flyer here.
November 19, 2019 Support Group Meeting - Caregivers and Pulmonary Fibrosis: Download flyer here.
October 15, 2019 Support Group Meeting - Understanding Pulmonary Fibrosis: Download flyer here.
On April 16, 2018 our Parish Nurse and Director of Health Ministry Patty Arthur was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF); a rare, serious and progression lung disease that worsens over time. IPF is the most common type of pulmonary fibrosis and at this time is terminal without a lung transplant. Because of this new development St. Joseph Health Ministry has added a new dimension to our ministry which will include, compassionate and holistic (no hands on) care for patients, caregivers, family and friends living with pulmonary fibrosis. Our emphasis will be on support, education and spiritual resources when requested; we will do this in several ways including:
- The monthly support group "Living With Pulmonary Fibrosis: Support in Indianapolis for Patients Caregivers, Family and Friends" will meet on the third Tuesday of the month from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Anyone affected by pulmonary fibrosis is welcome to join this support group. Our meeting topics will be posted here: stjosephindy.org/Programs-and-Events.
- The Parish Nurse is in collaboration with other nurses diagnosed with IPF and other healthcare professionals to have the most accurate and reputable information available. We have formed a "think tank " and draw from personal experience as well.
- There is a Facebook Support Group which is a spin-off of the Monthly Support Group Meetings: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pf.support.in.indy/.
- There is also a Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SupportinIndianapolis/.